If you’re looking for a way to spice up your virtual conference calls, look no further than icebreaker bingo. This game is a great way to get everyone engaged and energized during what can sometimes be a tedious and boring experience.
Now, I know what you’re thinking: “Bingo? That’s for grandmas and kids.” But trust me, icebreaker bingo is not your average game of bingo. This game is designed specifically for conference calls, and it’s guaranteed to make things more interesting.
So, how do you play icebreaker bingo? It’s simple. Before your conference call, create a bingo card with different scenarios that are likely to happen during the call. For example, you could include “Someone’s cat interrupts the call” or “Someone forgets to mute themselves.”
As the call progresses, mark off the scenarios that happen on your bingo card. The first person to get five in a row (horizontally, vertically, or diagonally) wins! It’s a fun and easy way to keep everyone engaged and entertained during the call.
But why should you bother playing icebreaker bingo? Well, for one thing, it helps break the ice and gets people talking and it’s also an economical way to bond if your team-building budget got cut this quarter.
It might seem counter-intuitive. However, Icebreaker bingo actually helps keep people engaged and focused on the call. It’s easy to get distracted during a conference call, especially if you’re working from home and have other distractions around you. But when you’re playing icebreaker bingo, you’re actively looking for things to happen on the call, which helps keep you focused and engaged.
More importantly, icebreaker bingo is just plain fun. Let’s face it, conference calls can be boring. But when you’re playing a game with your colleagues, it suddenly becomes a lot more interesting. You’ll find yourself looking forward to your next conference call, just so you can play another round of icebreaker bingo.
Tips for creating icebreaker bingo cards:
- Think about the most common scenarios that happen during conference calls. For example, you might include “Someone forgets to mute themselves” or “Someone’s dog barks in the background.”
- Be creative! The more fun and quirky your scenarios are, the more engaged everyone will be. For example, you could include “Someone accidentally shares their screen with a funny meme” or “Someone’s partner walks in wearing a silly hat.”
- Make sure everyone has their own unique bingo card. You don’t want everyone marking off the same scenarios at the same time. Try a free bingo card generator.
- Have a prize for the winner! It could be something small and silly, like a virtual high five or a funny meme, or something more substantial, like a gift card or a shoutout on the company’s social media pages.
- Finally, don’t forget to have fun! Icebreaker bingo is supposed to be a lighthearted and enjoyable experience, so don’t take it too seriously. Laugh, make jokes, and enjoy the game with your colleagues.
Here are 50 funny bingo card ideas to get your started:
- Forgot to unmute
- Dog barking in the background
- Video freezes
- Someone forgets to turn their camera on
- Wearing pajama pants
- Interrupted by family member
- Can’t find the mute button
- Internet connection drops
- Background is a beach or tropical paradise
- Drinking coffee during the call
- Has to leave early for another meeting
- Virtual background is a funny meme
- Someone eating during the call
- Kid or pet makes a cameo appearance
- Wearing a funny hat
- Forgets what day it is
- Uses the wrong chat feature
- Someone forgets to share their screen
- Background is a famous landmark
- Forgets to put on pants
- Accidentally shares their screen with the wrong document
- Uses an emoji in their chat message
- Background is a galaxy or space theme
- Someone has a messy room in the background
- Uses a filter during the call
- Someone is multitasking during the call
- Uses a funny Zoom background with their face superimposed
- Forgets to RSVP to the meeting
- Someone is drinking wine during the call
- Background is a famous painting or artwork
- Uses a virtual hat or mustache filter
- Has to use their phone for the call
- Forgets their Zoom password
- Uses a virtual background of their dream vacation
- Someone is wearing a superhero costume
- Interrupted by a delivery person
- Forgets to mute during a sneeze or cough
- Someone’s phone rings during the call
- Uses a virtual background of a famous movie scene
- Someone’s computer crashes during the call
- Forgets to turn off notifications on their computer
- Wears a virtual mask filter
- Background is a sports stadium or arena
- Someone uses a fake name in the call
- Someone’s cat walks across their keyboard
- Uses a virtual background of a famous TV show set
- Someone’s partner or spouse accidentally walks into the room
- Background is a famous amusement park ride
- Someone’s Zoom screen gets hacked by their kids
- Uses a virtual background of a space shuttle launching
If you’re tired of boring conference calls and want to inject some fun and energy into your virtual meetings, give icebreaker bingo a try. It’s a simple and effective way to break the ice, keep everyone engaged, and have some fun. And who knows, you might even find yourself looking forward to your next conference call!